THE WRETCHED SIDE OF LIFE
I woke up one morning,
but realized it wasn't me,
Besides my bed wasn't the usual pair of slippers,
neither was the familiar green tea.
I saw my reflection in the mirror
and witnessed a demented image,
My thoughts and ambitions had been altered,
and my once a peaceful world was now a wreckage.
There was no beacon of light to look for,
my own sky was shrouded by a dark cloud,
I had lost faith in the theory of good times,
my inner voice was chocked out.
There were people whom I trusted,
whom I adored from the core of my heart,
But they turned out to be the harbingers of pain
and drove me stark.
Something is tearing me apart ,
I feel I am two people within,
One half of me wants to raise his voice and fight the odds,
The other half just wants to give in.
I know there are people for whom
I have to bear with my colorless life,
But when will I live for myself?
Sometimes, I feel like quitting
and kill the rebel within and dump the corpse in a shelf.
Why do we always have to restraint
from acting the way we want to act?
Everybody needs to understand,
that there are times when we need to follow our heart
because for everything there can’t be a tact.
What will you do when you are cornered,
being referred to as unusual?
What will you do when among the hundreds around you,
there are none sharing your opinion,
with whom your feeling are mutual?
There is no one to relieve you of the pain,
neither a messiah nor a prophet,
You have lost your will to live
because no more are you a destiny’s child,
but a mere entangled puppet.
I do not know when it all be over,
I can see no light at the end of the road,
Time presses on me like a boulder of cactus,
and my shoulders can take no more of this unwanted load.
And feeling the dusk of my life approaching, I pray-
“Oh Dear Lord! Why can’t you just slice my throat
with a stroke of your all mighty knife?
Because, I do not if it is beautiful,
having been always the witness,
of the wretched side of life!".
No comments:
Post a Comment